hello friends & family!
Since this will be the last time I email you from the comfortable air conditioned room of the MTC, I figured I'd bless your life with a list of all the knowledge I've gathered during my stay here.
THINGS I'VE LEARNED WHILE AT THE PHILIPPINES MTC:
1. always take your vitamins.
2. love everyone, even annoying elders, and even when every single hair on their head is brighter than the sun.
3. buy every single bag of caramel puffs on p-day; they're only like nine pesos and taste like heaven.
4. write in your journal EVERY DAY, especially if your memory is as bad as mine.
5. don't assume that just because something is explainable by us, that it's not explainable by God. just believe, hope, and trust. [1 Nephi 11:17]
6. australians call cotton candy "fairy floss". how cute is that?!
7. also, australians say all sorts of weird things that don't make any sense.
8. also also, I really love aussies, specifically the one by the name of sister prado.
9. it is human nature to grow accustomed to the wonderful things in life, to forget to be grateful for the eternal truths we know- DON'T DO THAT. always remember how sacred and important those things are.
10. people from utah are inevitably awkward.
11. do not stop at the first floor, or second, or even third floor, president uchtdorf's wife is waiting at the fourth floor- last door.
12. uchtdorf & his wife are relationship goals; "she truly is the sunshine of my life".
13. filipino elders are FEARLESS and don't waste any time. they'll ask for your email and then plan what temple you're going to get married in the very first time you meet.
14. no matter where in the world I might go, everyone will still always think I'm mexican.
15. become a missionary, don't just go on a mission.
and that's about all I have to say. Love you all!